DiNicola notches 100th career point
Fitchburg, Mass. – The Fitchburg State University ice hockey team skated past the AMCATS of Anna Maria College, 4-1 in non-conference action on Saturday afternoon at the Wallace Civic Center.
Score: Fitchburg State 4, Anna Maria 1
Records: Fitchburg State (2-2-1) | Anna Maria (0-3)
How It Happened
The Falcons reeled off two goals in sixty seconds in the first frame. Senior Josh Victor (Kileen, Tx) blasted a shot from the left point off a dish from senor Nick DiNicola (Wolcott, Conn.) for his first goal of the season. DiNicola doubled the lead with a break-a-way goal to give the Falcons a 2-0 advantage after one frame.
Sophomore Sascha Figi (Kloten, Switzerland) netted a pair of goals in the second period to increase the advantage to 4-0. Line mates DiNicola and Christopher Vicario (Cranston, RI) collected the assists on the goals.
Anna Maria broke its scoring silence in the third period as freshman Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, Que.) gathered a feed from classmate Connor McIntosh (Spokane, Wash.) and deposited the puck into the back of the net for his first collegiate tally, resulting in the 4-1 final.
By the Numbers
- DiNicola notched his 100th point of his career
- Anna Maria is in its first season of hockey
- Fitchburg State held a slim 32-30 margin shots
- Fitchburg State finished 0-for-3 with the man advantage
- Sophomore Brian McGrath (Worcester, Mass.) collected 29 saves for the Green and Gold
- Freshman Brendan Boncore (Oakland, Mich.) stopped 28 shots for the AMCATS
The Falcons return to action on Thursday evening when they travel to Framingham State for a 7:30 pm MASCAC tilt. Anna Maria travels to Wentworth on Tuesday evening, game time 7:00 pm.