Milliard collects pair of hits in non-conference setback
Lake Myrtle, Fla. – The Fitchburg State University baseball team dropped a 6-2 decision to the Rams of Cornell College on Thursday afternoon in non-conference action from Chain of Lakes Park at the RussMatt invitational.
Score: Fitchburg State 2, Cornell College 6
Records: Fitchburg State (5-4) I Cornell College (3-3)
How It Happened
Trailing 1-0 in the top of second, Fitchburg State took a 2-1 lead as junior Brennan Cuddahy (Leominster, Mass.) singled to right field to bring home classmate Joshua Macomber (Beverly, Mass.) and senior Noah Milliard (Leominster, Mass.).
Cornell knotted the score (2-2) in the bottom of the fifth when junior John-Michael Osley (Centennial, Colo.) came home on a wild pitch before the Rams grabbed the lead in the bottom half of the sixth with Osley delivering a two-run double to left center that scored junior Keenan Bryant (Fort Pearce, Fla.) and senior Marcelo Tanon (Chicago, Ill.) for the 5-2 edge.
Cornell upped its lead to 6-2 in the following frame as junior Sage Sutter (Machester, Iowa) drove in classmate Cole Jamesson (Keystone, Iowa) with sacrifice fly to right field to cap the scoring.
Inside the Numbers
- First meeting between two school with the Falcons 0-1 vs the Rams
- Cuddahy led the way for the Falcons, going 1-for-3 with two RBI
- Milliard added two hits and one run scored for Fitchburg State
- Osley finished 2-for-4 with a double, two runs scored and two RBI for the Rams
- Caleb Wichman (Crescent, Iowa) added two hits, one RBI and three walks for Cornell
- Tommy Parsons (Peabody, Mass.) allowed one run on one hit with eight K's in four innings in a no decision for Fitchburg State
- Cameron Anfang (Sullivan, Wis.) earned the win for the Rams, giving up two runs on six hits with 16 strikeouts in eight innings of work for Cornell
Falcons will take on the Rams of Suffolk University in a non-conference double header tomorrow at the RussMatt Invitational, starting at 10:15 AM. Rams will travel to Augustana College on Thursday for a non-conference tilt at 7:00 PM.