Alumni & Hall of Fame
Article I- Statement of Purpose
The Fitchburg State University Athletic Hall of Fame will
provide a means by which to recognize the efforts and achievements
of the many outstanding men and women student-athletes who have
graduated and other individuals who have made an outstanding
contribution to our Athletic program. The Athletic Hall of Fame
will reinforce our history, generate goodwill and build tradition
by honoring the inductees who continue to be prominent members of
their chosen professions and respective communities.
- Candidates may be nominated by anyone, using the nomination form.
- Additional background information, compiled by the Sports information Director, will be forwarded to the Board Members.
- Eligibility for student-athletes shall not begin until five (5) years after the class of which the student-athlete was a member is graduated from Fitchburg State University.
- A second category will allow for the election of individuals, non-alumni/non-athlete, who have given outstanding service to the Department of Athletics and its programs at Fitchburg State University.
- Participated for a minimum of two (2) years in an intercollegiate team
- Represented Fitchburg State College in a positive manner both as an undergraduate and as an alumnus.
- Selection shall be based primarily on the athletic prowess of the individual based in playing ability, character, leadership, the athlete's contribution to the team or teams in which he/she played and to Fitchburg State University in general.
- Demonstrated a special and/or a sustained interest in Fitchburg State University and its Athletic program(s).
- Persons currently coaching at Fitchburg State University will not be considered for induction if the primary rationale for that consideration revolves around their coaching accomplishments while at Fitchburg State University.
If you would like to create a nomination for induction into the Fitchburg State University Athletic Hall of Fame please click here.